We have a wonderful opportunity for you to get a first-hand look at brand new plant varieties from our client Terra Nova Nurseries, which in turn, you could perhaps share with your plant- and garden-loving readers. In addition, our team has concepted some great story ideas and topics that include possible byline articles and / or expert quotes from Dan Heims, president of Terra Nova Nurseries and a repeat guest on “The Martha Stewart Show” as one of Martha’s foremost national horticulturists.
For 2013, Terra Nova Nurseries’ will be introducing a wide selection of brand new, retail-ready varieties for home gardeners to enjoy. These new introductions are just a few of Dan’s team’s 700 new plants that have been introduced to the consumer marketplace. And, they are among the most beautiful yet. The new varieties include a wide range of genera with unique characteristics and superior breeding, from vibrant echinaceas and hardy sedums to grassy kniphofias and heucheras with ruffled foliage.
And, with our help, you can share stunning high-resolution photos of the company’s new cultivars which will give your readers inspiration for their own lawns and gardens for the next spring and summer seasons.
To learn more about Terra Nova Nurseries’ 2013 consumer ready plants and access photos for publishing, please contact our team here at ECPR by emailing Dominique de Bruin at email@example.com.
Also, our team has creatively conceived some great article ideas featuring the company’s new 2013 varieties as well as available editorial resources, gardening tips and advice from Dan Heims who is Terra Nova Nurseries’ resident plant guru.
- Homeowners struggle with landscapes with too much sun or shade. Many of Terra Nova Nurseries’ new plants are perfect for sun gardens, including Echinacea ‘Leilani’ and Kniphofia ‘Orange Vanilla Popsicle’. These varieties can brighten up front and backyard spaces and can stand the sun and heat. One great story idea would be to map out sun garden landscape plans utilizing a selection of Terra Nova Nurseries’ varieties. Another story idea entitled, “Let There Be Light” – with Dan’s advice on how to make an all-sun lawn or garden thrive all year. A fact-filled shade garden article is yet a third option for which Dan could be interviewed, or he could write it for you.
- With many regions facing all-time rain level shortages, readers need must-have insights on how to keep their yards from looking dry and useless. Terra Nova Nurseries breeds hardy plants that can survive in drought-tolerant and high-heat regions. Several of the company’s 2013 varieties including Heuchera ‘Paprika’ and Heuchera ‘Spellbound’ – combined with Dan’s engaging tips – would be a perfect fit to profile in this type of story.
- Miniature plants are one of the fastest-growing trends among home gardeners, and those who know little about gardening, too. The company’s Heuchera Little Cuties™ Series is making waves in the horticulture industry, and we think your readers will instantly fall for these sweet new mini-plants. The series features seven new miniature heucheras, which can be used in a grouping for small space and fairy gardens. As outdoor spaces are growing tighter, the need for small house plants and gardens are becoming more popular; Dan can be interviewed on the topic or assist with writing upon request.
Dan’s Select Byline Article Topics:
- Hot Heuchera and their Uses: This article will be an overview of how heuchera and heucherella are used around the world. These types of plants offer homeowners the ability to maintain color in the garden all year long, even during cold winters. From vibrant red and orange foliage to deep purples and black, readers will see how these multi-use plants can be used in containers and landscape settings throughout the different seasons.
- Container Crazy: This article will share with homeowners the key to creating beautiful container combinations for front and backyard areas as well as for small spaces. Including tips on using different plant textures such as ruffled and grassy foliage mixed with silky flowers and spiky seed heads. In this article, Dan will also provide home gardeners with ideas on how to create containers with similar and contrasting color palettes to draw attention.
- Garden Gems: In this article, Dan could discuss the latest and most exciting perennials, tropicals and woodies in today’s market and practical tips for home gardeners they can use to beautify their outdoor spaces with bright garden gems, showcasing colorful foliage, flowers, texture, and more.
- Other concepts available upon request.
Editors and garden writers, if you are interested in pursuing any of our article ideas or byline articles from Dan Heims, please contact the ECPR team.